How far along: 37 weeks and 5 days. 9 days until we meet baby!
Baby is the size of: Winter melon or honeydew melon. She is 19-22 inches long and between 6 and 7 pounds. However, my doctor thinks she is closer to 7 pounds.
Total weight gain:24 pounds
- insomnia! It is currently 2:53 am and I have been wide awake for an hour
- hunger throughout the night…that might of been what woke me up in the first place and I might of gotten into last night’s left overs…
- hemorrhoids….and they are starting to hurt
- heartburn- I have gone through a bottle of tums in about 10 days
- loose bowels- well this is a relief! This was the first reason I was awake in the middle of the night. I have to say its a nice change from the constipation that requires twice daily stool softeners…
- peeing CONSTANTLY…I mean like now it is every 10 minutes…
- pregnancy brain like whoa
- increased sex drive
- Cereal and milk
- carbs…like I could happily eat a baguette of french bread with peanut butter
Anything making you queasy or sick?:
Movement: Oh yes. Because she is feet first I get constant swift kicks to my vagina. Its a good wake up call in the moments I am dozing off…This would come in handy if I was still commuting to work and needing the wake up call. However, this is not the case so with every kick I stop dead in my tracks and sarcastically thank my daughter for the reminder that she is still kicking around.
Stretch marks: nope!
Gender: Girl, but like I said, I have an irrational fear she is going to come out boy. I suffer from anxiety and I feel like this is how my anxiety is manifesting. I was assured by my doctor that MFM in the hospital has never made a mistake on gender reveals. In addition, we saw the vagina at 27 weeks…so there is that.
Happy or moody? I am generally happy but getting very anxious. I really want to meet this baby of mine and although I promised myself I would enjoy these last few days of pregnancy I am getting over being large and in charge. I am partially over it, because I want to make sure she comes out healthy. Oh anxiety…
Best moments this week/baby milestones: I reached full term!!!!
Purchases for baby: I purchased an oxo tot wipe dispenser, one for the nursery and one travel sized. I know- its very exciting. We also received a beautiful hand knitted sweater and hats for baby from friends of ours.
Purchases for momma: Nipple butter! Apparently its a life saver for preparing your nipples for breast feeding and then to use after feedings.
The bump: measuring right on track according to the doctor!
- remembering things
- not feeling like I should walk around without pants to make peeing every 10 minutes easier
- being able to reach…to wipe…
- the thought of having sex without thinking…ugh but HOW?
- not having my boobs rest nicely on my stomach
Looking forward to?
Obviously April 22nd!